109028, Moscow, 11, Pokrovsky boulevard, L212
Phone: +7 (495) 772-95-90*28243
The Faculty of Geography and Geoinformation Technology is a joint project of the Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Higher School of Economics.
Faculty combines high standards of scientific research of the Institute of Geography, modern educational approaches of the Higher School of Economics and applied skills of partner companies of the faculty. The faculty emerged as a response to global challenges that require establishment of a new-wave geographic education in Russia, that will focus on cutting-edge research and practical solutions to contemporary environmental and social issues.
Geographical education at the Faculty of Geography and Geoinformation Technologyboasts following unique features:
● Unique subject area for the Russian educational space
● Integration of Earth sciences with the high-demand approach of Global Change Studies
● Integration of the educational process and research work from the first stages of training due to the involvement of students in the real scientific projects
● Geographical education is complemented by strong training in related fields due to partnerships with other faculties of Higher School of Economics (mathematics, statistics, programming, economics, sociology etc)
● Integration of theory and practice by involving business and government experts in the educational process, organizing student field research and internships in partner companies
● Opportunity to build unique educational trajectory by choosing one of the three specializations: Global environmental and climate change, Geoinformation technology and spatial modeling, or Human geography and spatial decisions.